There’s nothing worse than great content marketing that goes to waste because it is not aligned with a company’s marketing strategy.
Our b2b marketing strategy solution avoids that trap. And there is no “analysis paralysis”: we typically do what needs to be done in one half-day team meeting.
We start by defining priority marketing goals, which often include things like:
- Help us build or re-position our brand
- Make us a recognized thought leader in a technology
- Lower my cost of customer acquisition and retention
- Promote our new product and differentiate it from the competition
- Drive demand for channel partners
The next question is: Who are we marketing to? And why?
And underneath that, many other questions, such as:
- What do we want them to do?
- What are their pain points, needs, requirements?
- Which of our capabilities will resonate the most with them?
- How and where do they consume marketing content?
Once we know who are target audiences are, we put together a content marketing action plan that defines the messages, the format, the platforms and the schedule of how it all rolls out.